Top 4 Easy Quinoa Breakfast Recipes
Author: Naufal - Wednesday, 24 Feb 2016
Containing much nutrient and various vitamin, quinoa is commonly known as the world healthiest food. Quinoa has complete proteins that can help you to boost your energy in the morning. Indeed, having quinoa for your breakfast can be a perfect option especially if you are a vegan or vegetarian. Here are 4 fast and easy quinoa breakfast recipes that you can even make on your own.
Quinoa Blueberry with Sliced Almond
Do you want to have something healthy yet easy to make for your breakfast? Don’t worry; this recipe is undeniably a perfect choice for you. Combining quinoa along with blueberry, this quinoa breakfast recipes will definitely help you to boost your energy, since it can complete your body needs of nutrient.
All you need to prepare are:
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 2 cups of low-fat milk
- Ground cinnamon
- Sliced almond (you can also use walnuts or other nuts)
- Brown sugar
How to make this quinoa breakfast recipe:
- Put 2 cups of cooked quinoa in bowl.
- Add 2 cups of low-fat milk along with ground cinnamon and brown sugar. Stir it all until combined thoroughly.
- Top some blueberries and sliced almond then drizzle the honey on it. Your breakfast is now ready to serve.
Quinoa Crusted Chicken
Quinoa and chicken are two kinds of food that is good for your breakfast. How about combining them both? Well, this quinoa breakfast recipe is a good recipe that you should give a try.
The ingredients you need to make this quinoa breakfast recipe are:
- Cooked quinoa
- Skinless and boneless chicken
- Mustard sauce
- Olive oil
- Pepper and salt
How to make Quinoa Crusted Chicken
- Heat oven in 425 degrees. Don’t forget to put olive oil in the rack.
- In a large bowl, mix chicken with pepper and salt and mustard sauce.
- Dip the chicken in the cooked quinoa; make sure that it is coated well on both sides.
- Place the chicken in the rack and cook it for around 15 minutes.
- Your quinoa crusted mustard chicken is ready to serve.
Quinoa Fried Rice
Fried rice is quite popular as a breakfast menu. If you want to have fried rice that contains more fiber, you can use quinoa instead of rice. We can still enjoy fried quinoa as delicious as fried rice, but in a healthier way. This is one of the easy quinoa breakfast recipes that you can make.
Some ingredients that you have to prepare are:
- 2 cup of cooked quinoa
- ¼ small chopped onions
- 1 tsp. ketchup
- 2 peeled and chopped carrot
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. oil (you can also use olive oil)
- ¾ tsp. sesame oil
- 2 scrambled eggs
- ½ tsp. salt
- frozen peas, thawed
How to make quinoa fried rice:
- Heat oil or olive oil in the sauté pan, add chopped onions and carrot. Add garlic and sauté it for around 2 minutes.
- Put quinoa in the pan; cook it for another 2 minutes. Add sesame oil and salt.
- Add ketchup and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- Put scramble egg in the sauté pan, mix it with quinoa fried.
- Add peas and mix it until the peas get warm. Your quinoa fried rice is ready to serve.
Fried Brown Quinoa Potato
A good breakfast consists of healthy carbohydrate and good fiber. Hence, the combination between quinoa and potato can be a perfect match for your breakfast menu. This recipe is one of the simplest quinoa breakfast recipes that you should try at home.
The ingredients that you need:
- ½ cup of cooked quinoa
- 2 cups of peeled and grated potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Celery or green onions
How to make Fried Brown Quinoa Potato:
- Put grated potato and cooked quinoa in a big bowl.
- Add egg, salt and pepper. Mix them well.
- Heat the pan and put butter on it.
- Take the quinoa mixture and put it in the hot pan. Flattened and fry it for around 6 minutes until each side has golden brown color. Fry the remaining mixture. Your fried brown quinoa potato is ready to serve.
Those are 4 easy quinoa breakfast recipes that will give extra energy for you. Combining quinoa with other beneficial ingredients will make it taste more delicious and definitely make your body healthier. Happy cooking!