How to Bake Potatoes Using Oven and Slow-Cooker?
Author: Naufal - Thursday, 11 Aug 2016
Do you know baked potatoes? This is one of the most delicious ways to cook potatoes into many yummy dishes that can make our tongue to dance. The taste of baked potato is crispy outside and soft with waxy texture inside. So delicious!
But, how to make yummy baked potato? Do you want to know many delicious recipes of this lovable dish? But of course, we must learn how to bake potatoes first; this is basic knowledge before you start to make baked potatoes so you will get perfect result.
Let us learn about the process. You will enjoy the tour!
How to Bake Yummy Potatoes
Now let us find more information about how to bake potatoes before you can start to try many delicious recipes of baked potatoes. There are three ways you can use to bake your potatoes: using microwave, oven, and slow-cooker potatoes.
Using the Microwave
The first way to bake your potatoes is using the microwave. How to bake potatoes using the microwave? Let’s see from step to step.
Using microwave will make you bake the potatoes quicker. Only need over 5 minutes! You can use russet potatoes so you’ll get perfect result, although if you use small potatoes it’ll be ok too. The result won’t as good as oven baked potatoes. Less crisp and less roasted.
- First you have to prepare your potatoes. Scrub them, pierce them using your fork, and rub with olive oil. Add salt and pepper.
- After that, you’re ready to bake your potatoes. Bake for 5 minutes. Don’t forget to flip every potato.
- Continue to bake your potatoes for five minutes. If you only bake one potato, you can bake them for total 8 minutes.
- So, that’s how to bake potatoes using microwave.
Using the Oven
One of the basic ways to bake the potatoes is using your oven. It’ll need longer time than using the microwave. But it’s effective in many ways. You can handle other works while you wait your potatoes are finished. You also can do many things while you wait your potatoes like reading, watching TV, and many more. But remember, you must to set the timer. This is very important so you can remove your potatoes from the oven on time. How to bake potatoes using your oven? Here’re the steps:
- Preheat your oven first to 400 or 425ËšF (follow the instruction from the recipe). Bake potatoes for over 400ËšF may be too high.
- While you wait for your oven, you can scrub your potatoes first, then give olive oil, then salt and pepper.
- Make hole on the potatoes with your fork so your potatoes will bake perfectly.
- Now you’re ready to bake your potatoes. Place the potatoes on the rack or using the baking sheet and bake for 1 hour (baking for more than 1 hour and 30 minutes will make the potatoes overcook).
For the perfect potatoes, you can use russets because they have ticker skins than the other potatoes, so your potatoes skin will still intact in the baking process. The size also large so you’ll get enough yummy dishes to satisfy your hunger. The result is also good too. Moreover, russets have sweet and delicious flavor and texture inside is good too. So, from russets you can get a delicious, fulfill your hunger, and it looks good when served. You’ll get perfect side dish or meal for yourself and your family!
Using Slow-Cooker Potatoes
The third way to bake your potatoes is using your slow-cooker. How to bake potatoes using slow-cooker? This is an instant dinner you can try at your home. You’ll need aluminum foil to wrap your potatoes before bake them in slow-cooker. You can go to work while you leave your potatoes in the slow-cooker and when you come home tonight; your potatoes are ready to be served. Let’s see the way to cook potatoes using slow-cooker.
- You’ll need potatoes, aluminum foil, and olive oil, salt and slow-cooker.
- Put potatoes on the aluminum foil, prick the potatoes, and rub with olive oil and salt. Wrap every potato using the aluminum foil tightly.
- Bake your potatoes on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- After 8 to 10 hours, your potatoes are ready to be served. You can garnish them; add butter or any garnish you love.
That’s how to bake potatoes using slow-cooker. Simple and after you go home, you can enjoy your baked potatoes warm from the oven. Remember, you must to bake your potatoes for 8 to 10 hours on LOW before you can eat them. But, using foil actually is not the best way to bake the potatoes.