How Many Carbs in a Banana
Author: Naufal - Wednesday, 10 Aug 2016
Banana has many likers because of its popularity. Yummy and delicious, sell in cheap price and really easy to eat (just peel the skin, yum!) is one of the reason why this fruit is famous. Banana also very yummy for snack and can fulfill your hunger. But how about the nutrition? Let us check together.
If you eat one medium banana (118 grams), you can get 25% of vitamin B6, 16% of manganese, 14% of vitamin C (yes! Banana also contains vitamin C!), and many more.
But, do you know that banana also contain carbohydrate too? How many carbs in a banana? So, if you want to start to lose your weight or you’re on a diet, should you avoid banana as your snack? You may often hear about these question and reply “But aren’t they make us fat?”. Then you may start to avoid this fruit when you’re on a diet. You won’t eat this delicious fruit, and abandon them because you think they’re bad for your diet program.
Wait, we’ll discuss about how many carbs in a banana so you will know the truth. You can get further information too about eat this fruit while you want to start your diet.
Carbs in Banana
If you want to lose your weight because you’re on a diet, it’s so important to notice about carbs in the food they eat. You must count the calories, carbs, sugar, and fats. Banana is one of the best snack options because it can quite fulfill your hunger. But, how many carbs in a banana? In one medium raw banana (4.2 oz. without the skin), you can get 26, 9 grams (9%) of carbohydrate and 14,4 grams of sugar.
While you’re on a diet and have so many activities, banana is not recommended. Because carbohydrate will turn to sugar when they reach your blood stream. So, your blood sugar level will soar. So if you have many activities, it can affect your focus.
Besides, banana also contain high sugar that can once again, make your blood sugar level soar.
So, how many carbs in a banana you can consume so you can still eat them but don’t feel worry about your blood level? You can still eat banana as your favorite snack, but you must consume protein and fat too. You can consume banana with peanut butter which can provide you fat and hard-boiled egg which will provide you protein. Or you can get fat from almond too. Just eat a handful of this delicious nut. Besides, you can get protein from grilled chicken. You just need to eat a couple oz.
If you love other source of carbs, you can choose raspberries and eat them with your grilled chicken! It’ll add yummier taste. You’ll surely love the mixture!
Besides, if you love sport (especially if you’re dieting, you would love to get more exercise) and you always drink sports drinks after that, it’ll better if you get some natural sugars from fruits like banana.
Now, if people want to diet and they ask about “how many carbs in a banana? I’m afraid it will add some weight!” you’ll already know the answer.
Here is one delicious recipe you can try:
Banana Muselix by Cynthia Sass
What you will need:
- Sliced banana
- 6 lbs. organic Greek yogurt (choose nonfat one)
- ¼ c. rolled oats, toasted
- 2 tbsp. Nuts, sliced or chopped them
- Ground nutmeg
How to make:
- Simply mix them all, then cold them in the refrigerator. It’ll make them yummier! You can enjoy this banana muselix on the next day.
- See? You can try this simple and yummy food from banana. You don’t have to feel worry on how many carbs in a banana while you eat this delicious banana muselix. Also, you can eat this as healthy snack and tell your friend about this delicious recipe. This is a very recommended recipe because of the taste and the nutrition inside.
- Now, you don’t have to worry about how many carbs in a banana! As far as you can work around this by always combining bananas with fat and protein. Now you can eat bananas happily! Or if you still worry, just eat baby banana! Cute and delicious to eat!