Easy and Quick Cook Scalloped Potato Recipes
Author: Naufal - Monday, 15 Aug 2016
We all may agree that potato is one of the most favorite is snacks of all times. Beside potato is delicious, we can also get many nutrition from these vegetables. Potato contains many proteins that is good for our health.
Those proteins are good for people in a diet program because potato can supply enough energy for us to do some activities. Many people enjoy potatoes in many ways; one of it is by making it into scallops. Here, we will share to you about the scalloped potato recipes.
In making this scalloped potato recipes, we should prepare all of the ingredients.
- Potato (400 grams)
- Olive oil (100 ml)
- Salt (1 spoon)
- Seasoning (as you like)
- In making this scalloped potato recipes, we should choose the best quality potatoes. Choose the medium size of potatoes and make sure that you choose the fresh potatoes.
- After that, peel the skin of your fresh potatoes. Make sure that you also put out the black spot on the potatoes. Then, wash the potato for many times by using clean water. If you have already cleaned the potato, put the potato on the tissue. You can wrap the potato by using tissue to absorb the water in the potato.
- After you have wrapped the potato by using the tissue, prepare the scalloped knife. This is the knife that can make a scallops effect on the potato. Make sure that the knife is clean and sharp enough for the cutting.
- Then, cut the potato little by little by using the scalloped knife. Make sure that you cut it in the same size. Do not slice too thin or too thick. Be careful and make sure that the potato is well sliced.
- After you cut all of the potatoes, then, prepare olive oil in a bowl. Put one by one of the sliced potato and dip it in the bowl of olive oil. Put it for some second, then put it again on the tissue but you do not need to wrap it. Do it over and over until the last sliced potato.
- After you have dipped the potato into the olive oil, you can pour some salt on the potato. You can put the salt as you like it. It is better to pour the salt before the frying/oven process, because the taste of the salt will be absorbed well.
- Then, after that, you can fry or oven the potato.
- If you want to cook it by using frying process, make sure that you use an olive oil too for frying process. Fry it for about 5 minutes or more. Make sure that the potato is well done enough but do not let it too dry or to wet. When the color of the potato changes to gold or dark yellow, it means that it is well done and you can turn off the stove.
- It you cook it by using an oven, make sure that you put the potato on the bowl that is design for oven use only. Put the potato on the oven for about 5 minutes. Make sure that you oven it in an enough time. You can check it for a while and if you need to oven it again, you can put it again. After that, put out the potato and take it in a clean bowl.
- If you have already cooked the potato by using oven or frying pan, just take the potato on the plate and pour some kind of seasonings. You can choose many kind tastes of seasoning and you can put it as much as you can depend on your taste.
So, those are the steps in making the scalloped potato recipes. Make sure that you make it in an enough portion, do not make it too much, because if this snack existed for more than three days, it will not good.
Potato can be snack and food at the same time because this snack will make your stomach full longer. It is also good for breakfast or even for meal. This snack contains protein and carbohydrate that is good for energies supply.