Cooking Simple but Healthy Quinoa Recipes
Author: Naufal - Thursday, 29 Sept 2016
Quinoa contains many proteins that we need for our body and its even better to make healthy quinoa recipes using some vegetables. Vegetables contain many vitamins and mineral that good for our body. The combination of quinoa and vegetables can be the best menu for our daily meals. In making this healthy quinoa soup menu, we need to prepare some ingredients:
- Quinoa (300 grams)
- Carrot (50 grams)
- Broccoli (50 grams)
- Corns (50 grams)
- Cabbages (50 grams)
- Potatoes (50 grams)
- String bean (50 grams)
- Salt (50 grams)
- Pepper (2 tea spoons)
- Onions (5 pieces)
- Garlic (5 pieces)
- Sugar (2 tea spoons)
- Ginger (20 grams)
In making these healthy quinoa recipes, we need some steps:
- Prepare all of the vegetables and slice all of vegetables such as carrot, broccoli, corn, cabbage, potatoes, and string bean. Clean it and then place it in a clean bowl.
- Turn on your stove, boil all of the vegetables into hot water. Wait until it well done for about 15 minutes. While you wait it, you can stir it slowly.
- After that, put all of the vegetables and split it out of the water. Put the boiled vegetables in the clean bowl.
- For the ingredients, prepare some onion and garlic. Slice the onion and garlic into a thin shape. Then, mix it with salt, pepper, ginger, and sugar. Make it soft and mix it by using blender.
Before we cook the healthy quinoa, we can prepare some topping for these recipes. For topping, we will use fried onions and potatoes.
- Prepare and choose some fresh potatoes and onions. Slice the potatoes and onions into small parts and then wash the sliced potatoes and onions with clean water.
- Turn on your stove; put a little olive oil on the pan. Wait until it warm, and then put all of the sliced potatoes and onions on the pan. Stir it slowly.
- After that, add some salt and pepper on the frying pan. Stir it slowly until it smelt good.
- While waiting for the fried onions and potatoes, prepare some tissue and place it on the plate. Then, put the well done fried potatoes and onion on the tissue. It used to absorb the oil on it.
- After you finished in making the ingredients and the topping, turn on your stove, put 300 grams of quinoa and boil it in a hot water for about 15 minutes. Stir it slowly and wait until it well done. After it well done, turn off the stove for one minutes.
- Then, put all of the boiled vegetables together with the boiled quinoa. Mix it a little. After that, put the mixed ingredients together with the vegetables and quinoa. Mix it a little.
- Turn on the stove and mix it. Boil it and stir it for about 5 minutes and. After that, turn off your stove and the healthy quinoa is ready to serve. It is good when you eat it in a hot condition.
Small detail but important, you need to clean all the tools and also the kitchen area. This will be useful for your health as well. Dont forget to clean all the ingredients up.
This healthy quinoa recipes is really good, because it contains some vegetables with high vitamins and minerals. Besides that, In this menu, it doesn`t use unhealthy oil. It uses olive oil just for the topping. This menu is suitable for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner. For the best result, don`t boil the vegetables too long, or you will lose some important vitamins and minerals. The portion of the vegetables is depended on your needs, you can modify the measurement. For the topping, you can add another healthy food such as fresh vegetables and fruits, such as lime.
Lime can give fresh taste to your healthy quinoa soup. The combination of quinoa and vegetables can make your stomach stay full a little longer, so it can also control your diet program. By this healthy quinoa recipe, you can be healthy inside and fresh on the outside.